Terms & Conditions of Business
In these terms & conditions of business the following expression shall have the following meanings: ‘the Company’ shall mean Grand Prix Marine Ltd, ‘Customer’ shall mean the other party to a contract for goods or services supplied by the Company ‘Goods’ shall mean goods or services supplied by the Company to the Customer , ‘Contract’ means contract for the supply of the Goods formed by the Company’s acceptance of the Customer’s order. ‘Carrier’ means any person, firm or company engaged by the Customer or the Company under a contract for the carriage of the Goods.
1 . General
- a) Grand Prix Marine Ltd is registered in England, Co reg – 1150816. Address – Unit 10 Pedmore Road Industrial Estate, Pedmore Road, Brierley Hill, DY5 1TJ. Tel – 01384 319389. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- b) Any variation of these terms and conditions in any document of the Customer is inapplicable unless accepted in writing by the Company.
- c) All orders are accepted subject to these terms and conditions. No terms or conditions put forward by the Customer or contained in any order form shall be binding on the Company.
- d) The Company reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any change will take effect when posted on the website. Your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- e) If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use the website.
- a) Any price quoted by the Company on the website or appearing on any literature published by the Company is subject to variation without notice
- b) Prices payable are ex works and are those charged by the Company at date of dispatch. Unless categorically stated prices are subject to packing and carriage charges at extra cost.
- c) Prices on the website are inclusive of all vat, taxes, duties which shall be solely for the Customer’s account.
- d) When the Company gives an estimation or indication for the price of work to be carried out by the Company, it will exercise skill and judgement in doing so. Such estimates are subject to accuracy of information provided by the Customer and are usually based only on superficial examination and will not include the cost of any additional repairs or work found necessary. The Company will inform the Customer promptly of any proposed increase in estimated prices and the reasons therefore and will only proceed with the approval of the Customer.
3. Orders / Payments
- a) While the Company tries to ensure that all prices are accurate, errors may occur. If an error in pricing is discovered after an order has been placed, the Company will inform the Customer as soon as possible and give them the opportunity of cancelling the order or reordering at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you, the order may be cancelled automatically.
- b) Orders may be cancelled before dispatch either by email or telephone. Full refunds will be made for stock items if cancelled before dispatch.
- c) The Company will process the payment when the order is ready for dispatch or if you have agreed to the supply lead time offered.
- d) Any item with a long manufacturing time or a bespoke product may require the payment of a deposit or full payment at time of order.
- e) Payment can be made by the methods as advertised on our website or agreed by the Company. All payment card details are entered on a secure server provided and operated by a certified e- commerce provider. All card and personal information are encrypted. The Company does not have access to and therefore does not retain your payment details.
f) For non-UK orders please complete the online order and submit whereupon we will contact you advising the cost of shipping to secure your acceptance.
- a) Cancellation of an order for a stock product made before dispatch will incur no cost to the Customer.
- b) Cancellation of non-stock items, products requiring additional work (i.e. splicing) or orders that require a deposit must be notified without delay. The Company reserves the right to charge a restocking charge of 30% or retain the deposit paid.
- a) Delivery prices quoted are for mainland UK delivery only. Additional delivery charges may apply for offshore islands and some restricted post code areas. Please contact the Company for clarification, if in doubt.
- b) The Company will aim to deliver your goods as soon as possible, however any delivery times quoted are stated based on our experience. The default delivery position is defined in the Consumers Rights Act 2015.
- c) While the Company will do its utmost to adhere to any time stated for delivery, it shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused, by any delay in delivery, completion or performance of any contract.
- d) In the event of the Company being unable to supply or deliver goods ordered it undertakes to refund any money paid in respect of such Goods, but shall not otherwise be under any liability whatsoever.
- e) The Goods shall be at the Customer’s risk immediately on collection from the Company, or on delivery to the Customer or on delivery to the Customer’s carrier.
- f) For kayak deliveries we need a valid email and phone contact for the courier
- g) The Company only uses national carriers with good reputations.
- h) For international deliveries please contact the Company directly, we will be happy to help.
- i) The Company shall retain title to all goods until payments have been received in full.
6. Receipt of Goods
- a) The goods you have ordered will be sent to the delivery address notified and may require a signature.
- b) Due to size, all kayak deliveries need the Customer or their representative to be in attendance. Failure to adhere to this may result in the goods being returned to the Company at the cost of the Customer.
- c) All goods should be checked at time of receipt and any damage that may have occurred during delivery be notified immediately to the delivery operative and the Company.
7. Returns Policy
- a) The Customer must notify the Company if they decide to return the order in writing or email within fourteen days of receipt. Goods must be returned within twenty-eight days of receipt.
- b) All non-warranty stock products can be exchanged or refunded provided the product is returned in the supplied condition. Supplied condition means unused, in its original undamaged packaging and fit for immediate resale
- c) Postage or carriage for returned goods are borne by the Customer.
- d) The Company does not accept returns for cut rope lengths or bespoke products if such goods have been supplied as ordered.
- a) The Company warrants to the Customer that the Goods will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of twelve months from the date of delivery to the Customer, provided the Customer makes a full inspection of the goods immediately upon receipt and gives the Company written notice containing full particulars of any alleged defects it discovers and the circumstances in which the defects occurred. The Company shall at its sole discretion either repair, replace or give credit on any such Goods which its inspection confirms are defective in material or workmanship within the warranty period.
- b) The repair or replacement of defective Goods during the warranty period shall not extend the period of warranty of such Goods.
c) The provision of clause 8. Does not extend to Goods which have been subjected to misuse, accident or improper installation, maintenance, application or operation, nor do they extend to Goods which have been repaired or altered.
9. Limitation of liability
- a) The Company shall have no liability whatsoever to the Customer for any indirect, special, consequential or incidental loss or damage of any kind suffered or incurred by the Customer howsoever caused or arising, whether from breach or non-performance of its obligations under the Contract or from the supply, installation, performance, operation or use of the Goods.
- b) Variations in colour and texture may occur in rope. This is particularly relevant to ropes produced from natural fibres. Ropes can also shrink as they absorb or release water.
- c) Actual diameters of rope may vary slightly from stated rope diameters.
- d) All rope supplied as ‘cut lengths’ will be exact or over ordered length.
- e) The Company reserves the right to supply similar specification goods from different manufacturers.
- f) The use and misuse of rope, kayaks and trailers can be dangerous and can cause serious injury or even death. The Company will not be responsible for any accident or mishap occurring during the use of the Goods it sells. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer or person using the Goods to do so in the correct manor and be physically and technically able to do so.
- g) The kayak safety information given by or linked to by the Company is not comprehensive and is intended as a guide only. The Company recommend all Customers obtain qualified instruction in the safe use of its Goods.
- h) The Company does not assume responsibility for any of the Goods sold.
a) Any Contract entered into by the Company shall be governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.